Tuesday 19 March 2013

Memories

I see little value in recording events from the past unless it leads to some reflection , and from that a modicum of new knowledge about life.  Good biographies provide us with material that can enhance our perception of what it is to be human.  Warnings too, of what can follow when a life is devoted to a false god.

The Nineteen Twenties and Thirties are a dim memory now.  We have to rely on those who recounted what happened then, as they experienced it.  So I add some of my memories of life in a North Auckland rural setting, then and later, in the hope that some may find it leads to new thinking as they face similar problems in a new context.  I value what has come to me by that route.  I hope that others may be encouraged to explore new pathways. Good hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment